In this lesson, students will step back in time and explore how the much-loved British beach has transformed since the 19th Century.
From bathing machines to Punch and Judy, and woollen swimsuits to donkey rides, immerse your students in waves of history as they use buckets of pictorial sources to develop their understanding of change.
- Where the people and events they study fit within a chronological framework and identify similarities and differences between ways of life in different periods
- Ask and answer questions
- Using sources to show that they know and understand key features of events
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.
- Explore the impact of Brunel’s Great Western Railway on Weston-super-Mare
- Extend locational knowledge
How to get there
This lesson is designed to be taught in a classroom. However, if you would like to visit the Clifton Suspension Bridge with your class, please use either of the options below to help plan your journey.
The nearest station is Weston-super-Mare